Wrought Iron furniture looks great, we know. Ask any home décor enthusiast that he / she will agree that wrought iron furniture gives a certain personality to a home. But even though look pretty, due to its extra hard texture, wrought iron tends to gather more than necessary dust and grime. But if you are a wrought iron furniture enthusiast and thinking of buying furniture for indoor or outdoor, then you should know that cleaning of such items can be done without hassle and with just a few materials.
Important Tip: To begin with, you will need Soap or Vinegar, Warm water, Sponge, Clean and dry cloth, Bucket.
Now follow these instructions in an orderly fashion.
1. Fill a bucket with warm water.
2. Add a mild soap such as dish washing liquid or household cleaner. If you are scrubbing wrought iron that is kept inside, vinegar is your best option.
3. Mix soap with water. The ration should be 1 tbsp. (5 ml) of soap to 1 qt. (946 ml) of water. For vinegar, use 1/2 cup (118 ml) to 1/2 gallon (1892 ml) of water.
4. Empty the wrought iron furniture of any cushions, pillows, blankets etc.
5. Soak a sponge or wash cloth in the water if you are using a bucket.
6. Smear the wrought iron in a rounded motion, cleaning section by section and ensuring that all the diet and grime is gone.
7. If you find rust on the furniture, use a wire brush or course sandpaper to scrub.
8. Refill the bucket with clean water for a second round.
9. Rinse the cloth you have been cleaning with.
10. Wipe down the wrought iron again with the clean water, making sure to rinse the sponge or cloth frequently. If you are washing wrought iron outdoors, it may be easier to rinse with a water hose.
11. Let the furniture to dry thoroughly. Outdoor furniture can be left in the sun whereas indoor items should be wipes with a clean and dry cloth.
cleaning furniturefurnitureHome decorhow to clean wrought iron furniturewrought ironWrought iron furniture