It’s that time of the year when you are all set to seal the relationship of trust and love with your brother. You may be living together or meeting each other after a long time – Raksha Bandhan is a celebratory occasion that calls for sprucing up your home a tad bit. Here’s how you can give your living room – the epicentre of your home a quick new look.
- Add some potted greens. It’s amazing how the look and ambience changes effortlessly. You start feeling good and fresh and it’s a great way to liven up the space.
- Re-arrange the furniture. Surprise your brother with a different placement of the furniture and leave him guessing what’s new in the room. Chuckle at his wrong guesses.
- Some mood lighting works wonders. After the rituals and ceremonies, dim the lights and light the candles. Sit back with your brother and reminisce the best days of your life.
- A DIY project isn’t always cumbersome and time consuming. Especially, when it’s for your brother you have grown up with, all you need to keep in mind are the memories that would bring a smile on his face.
- Throw in some warmth, cheer and colour with a comfortable rug. For all you know, you’d love squatting on the floor and munching away to glory on the rummy snacks you have prepared especially for him.