If you like throwing dinner parties or like to eat with your fancy spoons and forks every day, it’s important that you keep your cutlery sets spotless. Easier said than done because after a while cutlery lose their sparkle and add above that a greasy diet, fingerprint and reside water droplets. Result is your fancy cutlery ends up looking dull and lifeless.
So what should you do to keep your cutlery shiny and clean? Simply follow the below mentioned tips.
- Immerse your cutlery with white vinegar and hot water (1:8) for about 8-10 minutes, rinse it with warm water.
- Clean and buff your cutlery methodically with a lint-free or microfibre cloth to remove the water streaks
Use Bicarbonate Soda
- Fill warm water in a tray.
- Add a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda, and combine it with warm water.
- Drop your entire cutlery into the tray for 10-15 minutes.
- Clean your cutlery with warm water.
- Clean and buff with a lint-free or microfibre cloth.
- Never use steel wool to scrub stains from your stainless steel cutlery as it will damage the surface of the cutlery.
- Do not use rough or damaging cleansers containing chlorine bleach. Also, always abstain from exhausting alcohol or oven cleaners as cleaning agents for your stainless steel cutlery.
- Do not allow your cutlery to overheat. For instance, do not leave it on a hot stove burner or use it to stir a boiling pot of food.
- Use extra caution when cleaning silver-plated stainless steel cutlery. Silver plating causes different interactions with detergents and can cause permanent damage to the cutlery’s finish.
Looking to invest in a cutlery set? Check out our range here.cleaning cutleryhome bloghome decor tipshome tipsHow to Clean Cutlery