It’s stylish and affordable and can mimic just about any kind of flooring that exists across the world. Vinyl, a breakthrough flooring technology, has increasingly become a popular pick of homeowners in floor covering. Why?
- Innumerous Designs To Choose From – Vinyl flooring allows for choosing from a wide range of colors, patterns and textures. It can mimic various other floorings such as tiles, wood, natural stone, etc. and can also range from the smooth finish to the pebbled textures. An additional non-slip coating can also be added to increase the safety element of this flooring.
- Resilient and Durable – This flooring is soft under foot and therefore makes it comfortable to stand on and also makes lesser noise than wood therefore making it resilient. Additionally, when installed properly along with routine maintenance and precautions in place, it can last for quite a number of years, making it a durable material.
- Low Maintenance – These floorings do not require any special treatments to preserve and maintain their looks. The daily floor cleaners and sanitizers can be used on vinyl surfaces without the risk of damaging its finish.
- Economy – They are charged on per square meter basis and make for an economical alternative in flooring. What’s more, since they can mimic the look of other expensive alternatives, they save the huge investments required in installing stone, wood or tile floorings. The fact that they are easy to clean and maintain is also another advantage in terms of cost savings unlike other flooring alternatives which involve huge maintenance costs.
- Hygiene – Owing to the very few seams, these floorings do not allow bacteria to grow. It’s water resistant and spills can be cleaned up with a wipe. The seams which are present are also sealed such that water cannot seep into them and become a reason for bacteria build-up.
- Easy to Install – They are available with pre-installed glue making them simple and easy to install, even for a layman. However, special glue is also available for variants that do not come with glue applied on it.
Vinyl floorings are available in the form of sheets as well as tiles. If installed well and taken good care of, vinyl floorings can last well for many years. It’s also good for homeowners who have the inclination to changing the look of their interiors every now and then, since it’s economical.
Have you tried using vinyl flooring? How has it fared in your home space? What were the challenges you faced, if any, when using vinyl flooring? Share your thoughts and experiences with us; we’d love to hear from you.bonhomie!easy home decor ideasfloor restorationHome decorHome makeover