It is said that too many cooks spoil the broth. The wrong pans and pots do it, as well. When restaurant kitchen supplies are considered, a few decisions tend to be as important as selecting the correct stainless steel cookware online or aluminum cookware for this job. Most pans and pots used in the commercial kitchens are stainless or aluminum steel. A few chefs use cast iron and French steel also, but these products require special care which is not possible for most of the busy kitchens and chefs.
Whether purchasing cookware for restaurants, catering business or even their home kitchens, chefs buy fry pan online in India, in addition to pans and pots over what you typically would find in a houseware store. The commercial grade cookware are tested for heat consistency and durability, so cooks understand the strong construction will be durable and reliable to meet all their needs and requirements.
So, here are the advantages and disadvantages of aluminum cookware and stainless steel to help you select the best one for you:
- The aluminum quickly heats and cools, making it famous with the short-order chefs who wish to work super quick. However, the handles of this cookware also get hot quickly, so you need to be really cautious.
- It’s less expensive comparatively, which appeals to the restaurateurs who are on a budget.
- It is light in weight, which is wonderful when you’re moving pans and pots all the day and night.
- Aluminum gets degraded by acid and it can trickle into the foods. Hence, it’s generally suggested to avoid using the aluminum cookware for high salty or acidic foods like sauerkraut or tomato sauce unless the cookware is anodized.
- Chemical reactions ultimately etch and deform the pans and make them useless. And because they’re low priced, aluminum cookware can be replaced affordably and easily.
- The Stainless pans and pots are better balanced as they’re heavier and their handles are stronger usually because the metals are harder. But similar to aluminum, they get hot easily, so handle them with care.
- These cookwares hold the heat well, thus making it functional for dishes with longer cook time.
- The nonreactive surface of stainless steel means that you can cook anything in it. The majority of manufacturers recommend that you should not allow salty or acidic foods to sit for longer period of time in stainless steel, since any undissolved salt can pit the surface.
- The stainless steel is much more costly than aluminum; however, it lasts longer, thus making it more lucrative.
- Thin-gauge pans and pots will scorch products easily. So, avoid this by selecting pans and pots with equal thickness on top and bottom.
Deciding between stainless steel and aluminum comes down to their quality, cost, and your cooking requirements. Cleaning for both these materials is simple, either with putting them in your dishwasher or hand-washing them with liquid detergent.
Author Bio:- Urvashi is an experienced writer and blogger. In above article she has shared valuable tips to buy stainless steel cookware online.